Monday 6 January 2014

Holiday task - Scott Pilgrim



I think that Scott Pilgrim is one of the significantly less standard teen movies, although I still think it slots into this category (although maybe late teens as a pose to 15). I chose it because I prefer arty films, and it was the 'artiest' within the genre I could find. It combines multiple genres, like comedy, action, teen and some romance, and I think one of its main selling points is its uncomfortable and dry humour.
 

One of the other major differences it has is with the comic style editing. I think this may be the one thing that separates Scott Pilgrim from numerous other films, and this quirky style makes it watchable to the quieter teenage demographic, the nerds, who often get overlooked in the making of films.

No comments:

Post a Comment